Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Long Time Gone

Today was the second day of school after Christmas break, which I might add, rocked. I'm starting to stress about school&finals&post-secondary really bad. So bad, in fact, I went down to Student Services and set up a meeting with a councellor. Supposedly she's taught in Australia - Sydney, here i come - and can help me out. I'm still not sure about what I want to do. I think it would be amazing to be a Youth Pastor and take my courses at Hillsongs bible college, but for some reason I feel like its the easy way out. I know I would enjoy it, but I doesn't seem like something you can do for a living. I just have build my faith, I guess.
Anyways, If I'm thinking about applying to both
Hillsongs and to the University of Sydney. Both schools are beautiful and offer great courses. Choosing the course I would pursue at the U of S is harder though, because there are so many options... and it seem so final. I would love to go into something from a social worker to a parole officer to a vet tech. There are just too many options, and unfortunately, because I am incredibly lazy, I don't have the marks I should have. This kind of freaks me out. I need chemistry and math for almost everything, and those two subjects, plus physics, are my weakest point in acedemics. Wouldn't it be nice if I could just win the lottery? I think so. I guess its just that everything feel so sureal. I'm only 17, and I have to decide what I am going to do for the rest of my life, and to get into Australia I need a passport, acceptance, student visas, work visas, a cash flow, a plane ticket... I don't know how Cory did it. I'm so excited for him - I can't believe he's leaving on MONDAY. God's going to do great things for him, thats for sure
Well, enough about school and more about good times. From the December 27th - January 6/7th I was in Yellowknife visiting Cory. I was surprised at how nice it actually is up there. It's beautiful country. [I'll put some pictures up as soon as I can find the cable to connect my camera to the computer.] If i wanted to live in a small and secluded city up north, Yellowknife would be it. The landscape is amazing. I haven't enjoyed myself as much as I enjoyed myselp up there fore a long time now. I got to go to church for the first time in a long time and I can't wait to get back into everything. Life is going to start to change and I'm going to initate it. I can't wait.

No comments: